Dwayne Douglas Johnson is a former WWE wrestler and now an actor. He is renowned by the ring name ‘The Rock’. He is one of the highest paid actors in the Hollywood.
But what has made Dwayne Johnson, ‘the Rock’. Well, at a height of nearly 1.96 metres, he stands like a real giant, with great muscles and built up. As audiences, we cheer his result, but the actor had and is still working hard to maintain his position.
Here’s a sneak peek into the daily routine of Dwayne Johnson:
DWAYNE JOHNSON EVERYDAY ROUTINE
Healthy choices are really hard to make and rather takes time. Let’s just accept this that everyone of us wants to make good and healthy choices for us, be it in career choices, profession choices, education choices, good places to go out on a trip or be it in making life partner choices; all that we want is a full proof planning and safe decisions. And on this context, it is rather uncanny that we tend to ignore this so called ‘best choices’ in choosing our diet.
Well, Dwayne Johnson has got to teach the young as how to train one’s self. His daily routine includes proper workout and proper diet. Is it just like the usual actors? Well we’ll see.
DWAYNE JOHNSON WORKOUT ROUTINE
The rock’s workout routine is different for each day of the week. He gets out of his bed at nearly 3:30 am and then gets all functional and into the mood:
To get the week started, he starts his first day with leg work out;
- He runs on his treadmill or in open air around for 30 to 50 minutes.
- Next on the queue is Barbell Walking Lunge
- Then he does Leg press, followed by leg extensions.
- Back again comes, Barbell Squats after which he does Hack squats.
- Then he does dead lifts, seated leg curls and thigh abductor.
Day 2 comes with his back exercise
- To charge up his body, he runs for nearly 30 to 50 minutes.
- Then he works on Wide-grip Lat Pull down, followed by Bent over Barbell Row.
- After this he gets on to with one arm dumbbell row.
- Next comes in the line Barbell dead lift and the very basic pull ups
- He finishes his second day with Dumbbell Shrug, inverted row and hyperextension
The day 3 starts with shoulder workout.
- As usual he does warm up by running for nearly half an hour to one hour
- His shoulder workout consists of basic shoulder dumbbell press, standing military press to reverse machine flyes.
- He even gets on to side lateral raise and seated bent over rear delt to add on top of this.
The day number 4 is a difficult one. It is due to this day’s workout that his arms are world renowned.
- His arm workout is simple a great play of a number of exercises from Bicep curl, spider curl to overheard triceps to Russian twist to rope crunch.
- He finishes with hammer curls and hanging leg raise.
So much curls, to get his arm curls in the right way!
And not to miss out that before his everyday workout, he gets on with running for at least half an hour.
Day 5 is again back to his leg workout which is already been discussed.
Day 6 is my personal favourite; his chest workout.
- It consists of Barbell Bench press, Incline Dumbbell press, and Flat Bench cable flyes to dips.
Day 7 is only for resting. The rock gets his body ample rest, which is again a very essential part of his workout only. Our body need enough amount of rest to function with its best efficiency level.
DWAYNE JOHNSON DIET
The rock’s diet is well very different from most of the regular Americans. Where an average American consumes nearly 2500 calories, the rock intakes to nearly as 5165 calories on a daily basis.
For regular days, he takes his meals for five times and whenever he is shooting for his movies, the figure rises to 7 times in a day.
THE ROCK’S DIET PLAN
5 TIMES IN A DAY
His meals for the five times include:
Meal one is the breakfast one. It includes steak, oatmeal, egg whites, whole eggs and one complete glass off watermelon juice
This is more like an after breakfast meal. For this he usually intakes chicken, mushrooms, fresh vegetables like bell peppers and broccoli. At last he intakes protein shake.
This is his lunch menu. The items on the list are salmon, asparagus tips, whole eggs and rice along with fresh vegetables like broccoli.
For an evening snack time, he likes to have steak, baked potatoes, asparagus tips and one glass of orange juice
For the final meal of his day, that is the dinner meal he has on hi plates; casein protein, and egg whites.
For his roles in movies, he is usually put into muscular characters. He thus works extra hard to fit the role. And also that he increases his meal intake from five to seven times as already mentioned. The extra items to get onto hi list include extra veggies, protein, fish oil and salads. The portion increases while almost most of the menu remains the same.
It is very apposite to mention that Dwayne has been a very dedicated actor of all time. No matter what, he sticks to his diet plan with utmost discipline. Thought, apart from this he still gets on with some cheat meals to enjoy the taste of everything. Dwayne Johnson’s cheat day diet is like a normal diet of a regular American which includes every sort of junkies like pizzas, burgers, brownies, pancakes, ice-creams, apple pies, toasts, and for drinks there’s tequila for sure.
Also Read –