What are piles or hemorrhoids? – an overview
Hemorrhoids, also known as piles, get formed around the anus as bumps when the surrounding tissue and veins get swollen. They can cause itchiness, and severe pain and in certain cases can also cause bleeding. When they are mild, they don’t cause much pain or discomfort. When they are large, they cause severe pain and discomfort.
The article focuses on creating awareness about piles, the types of piles, the treatment options available for piles, and the complications that arise due to leaving hemorrhoids or piles untreated.
What are the types of piles or hemorrhoids:
- Internal hemorrhoids:
Inside the rectum, internal hemorrhoids originate. They can bleed when they are irritated and lead to visible bleeding on your feces. It is really rare for internal hemorrhoids to swell and prolapse but when it happens, it bulges out of your anus causing you extreme discomfort. Reach out to the Best Piles Doctor in Coimbatore to find the best solution for piles.
- External hemorrhoids:
The external hemorrhoids can be found on the skin that is the outer of your anus. You may feel them when you examine the outer area. You may also feel itchiness or severe pain when you tend to clean the area around your anus. When irritation occurs, it can cause swelling and bleeding.
Is anal discomfort a symptom of piles?
Anal itching is a symptom of piles, to be sure. The other symptoms of piles can include:
- Rectal bleeding
- Anal ache or pain
- Anal discomfort
- Passing the bowels causes a lot of discomforts.
- Formation of painful lumps near the anus
Can pregnancy cause piles?
Pregnancy can be one of the factors that contribute to the formation of piles or hemorrhoids. The other factors or causes can include :
- An excessive amount of fiber intake
- Constant straining during bowel movements
- Specific medical concerns
Is it risky to leave piles untreated?
Usually, piles are not dangerous if left untreated in the beginning. You will have to wait and check whether they clear up. Examine if you have mild hemorrhoids or large hemorrhoids, if you find mild or small hemorrhoids, it is fine to leave them alone until they disappear on their own. The discomfort and the swelling will usually subside within a few days.
To not irritate the already-inflamed tissue, you have to remind yourself to be gentle with the outer skin of the anus. If the hemorrhoids are large and don’t seem to subside with time, you may need the Best Piles Treatment in Coimbatore by the piles’ doctor to relieve you from the pain that you are undergoing.
Piles can be dangerous if left untreated when it needs the right type of care and treatment. If not treated properly at the time of need, hemorrhoids can lead to a risk of excessive bleeding. It can also lead to complications like :
- Blood clots: External hemorrhoid, also called a thrombosed hemorrhoid, forms or develops a blood clot inside it. The clot can lead to extreme pain lasting for several days. The hemorrhoids seem to be purple or blue and are swollen.
- Skin tags: When the clot leaves the thrombosed hemorrhoid, it can cause discomfort as it leads to a bit of loose skin. The skin tag may be prone to irritation and pain while whipping the area to clean it or during regular bowel movements.
- Anemia: Anemia can be caused by hemorrhoids. If hemorrhoid causes serious or excessive bleeding, it may lead to a drop in the count of your red blood cells. If the bleeding from your anus gets worse, you must immediately seek the attention of doctors as it can be something more serious than hemorrhoids.
- Prolapsed hemorrhoid: Strangulated hemorrhoid or prolapsed hemorrhoid can lead to a terrible loss of blood supply. The reason behind it can be muscle pressure. The loss of excessive blood can cause the death of tissues in the area.
What is the most significant therapy for hemorrhoids?
You should discuss the right treatment that can apply to you, with your doctor. If you have rectal bleeding or if the hemorrhoids do not subside or won’t respond to the current treatment you are undergoing, you should inform your doctor.
To remove the clots or hemorrhoids altogether or to be relieved from the pain, several other ways or procedures include non-surgical methods and surgical methods in the General Surgery Hospital Coimbatore. The treatments can include :
- Rubber band treatment: Your doctor may choose the rubber band treatment to remove your hemorrhoid. The procedure involves the doctor using a tiny rubber band to make its placement around hemorrhoid. The pressure formed by the rubber band results in the blood supply shortage or the cutting of the blood supply which in turn shrinks hemorrhoids to nothing.
- Sclerotherapy: Your doctor may choose sclerotherapy to shrink your hemorrhoid. This procedure involves your doctor injecting the liquid into hemorrhoids to shrink them.
- Electrotherapy: The electrotherapy may involve your doctor using a mild electric current. The mild electric current is used to eliminate or remove the hemorrhoids.
- Infrared coagulation: Your doctor may choose infrared coagulation to treat your hemorrhoids depending on your health condition. This treatment involves the usage of infrared light to cut off the supply of blood to hemorrhoids resulting in their shrinkage.
- Surgery: The pain may be so acute if you have a thrombosed hemorrhoid. You may need surgery to repair the problem of hemorrhoids if you find them to be a severe problem. The major surgery may need general anesthesia and the hemorrhoids are removed with the help of the surgical procedure. Your doctor may perform a piles surgery to remove your clot. It provides you with significant relief quickly.
What is the new surgical technique employed in the treatment of hemorrhoids?
The stapled hemorrhoidectomy is the new technique that is employed in the treatment of piles or hemorrhoids. It removes the lax tissue around hemorrhoid making the hemorrhoid protrudes, instead of directly removing the hemorrhoid.
What is the interpretation of the article?
The interpretation of this article is that if piles are left untreated, they can lead to a lot of serious health problems. Any disease or disorder requires immediate medical attention or treatment at the right moment. Similarly, piles if not treated at the right moment or if the timely treatment for piles is ignored, can lead to a series of health issues and medical complications.
Also know about Stamen Grigorov.
Therefore, it is best to seek medical help for piles at its early stages to avoid its risk factors or dangerous consequences or from the disease worsening without care and treatment.