Who is Investment Advisor?
Investment advisors work with clients to develop financial plans and manage their investments. They may help clients with a variety of services, including asset allocation, investment selection, tax management, and retirement planning.
In order to become an investment advisor, you must complete the necessary education requirements and pass the appropriate exams. You will also need to obtain a license from your state. Once you have your license, you can begin looking for work in this field.
Sebi Registered Investment Advisor
Sebi Registered Investment Advisor is a financial advisor who has been registered with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). The registration process is carried out by SEBI after following a strict set of rules and regulations. The Sebi Registered Investment Advisors are well trained in the field of finance, investments, and other financial matters. They are also required to be updated with the latest developments in these areas. The main aim behind registering them is to protect the interests of investors and provide them with professional advice regarding their investments. The registration is mandatory for all advisors who provide financial advice or recommendations to clients in exchange of any consideration or other benefits.
Sebi Registered Investment Advisors are required to display their registration numbers on their websites, e-mails, and other communications with clients. This will help investors identify the advisor and get more information about him/her. The registration number is issued by SEBI and it has to be renewed every year.
The advisory services provided by the registered investment advisor include
- Providing information on various types of funds available in the market and their features;
- Advice on which fund to choose from among the available options;
- Guidance on how much money should be invested in any particular fund;- Recommendations on when to invest and when not to invest; and
- Other related services.
The registration process consists of two stages:
- The first stage requires an applicant to fulfill certain criteria before applying for registration. These criteria include:
- Must have a degree in any relevant subject from a recognized university or institute
- Must have at least three years of experience working in the field of finance or investments, or two years of working experience plus a one-year training program approved by SEBI or Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
Who can Apply for “SEBI Registered Investment Advisor”
- Partnership Firm
SEBI Registration Requirement for “SEBI Registered Investment Advisor”
The SEBI Registration requirement for “SEBI Registered Investment Advisor” is as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University with minimum 60% marks.
- Minimum of 5 years of investment experience in the capital market or any other relevant field.
- Must have studied and passed the SEBI Examination conducted by SEBI, which includes an examination on the Securities & Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 and its Rules made thereunder (including Regulations 44 to 50).
- Must have cleared the KYC norms laid down by SEBI from time to time with respect to AMCs and Mutual Funds.
SEBI Investment Advisors Registration “SEBI Registered Investment Advisor” Networth Requirement
Read Also: “Sebi Guidelines For Portfolio Management “
Registration Fee for SEBI Investment Advisors “SEBI Registered Investment Advisor”
For Body CorporateincludingLimitedLiability Partnerships
|For individuals and firms
|For body Corporate including Limited Liability Partnerships